Printer is very necessary to get the hard copy of any important data. At present, most of the computer users have personal printers. But sometimes they encounter different problems in the printer. Among the various types of problems that they face, one of the most popular one is that they are unable to set default printer. The common error message that users receive is: ‘Operation could not be completed’. Apparently the problem seems to be too difficult to solve. But by following the below mentioned steps you can get rid of the issue easily.
Stated below are some steps that can be followed to resolve the problem:
- At first click the Start button, write regedit and then press the Enter key.
- When the User Account Controll comes up choose Yes at the prompt.
- Next just go to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/WindowsNT/CurrentVersion/Windows.
- In the right Panel double click on the name Device to modify it. After that write your printer name.
- Then click Ok to save the change.
In spite of following all the above mentioned steps if you continue to get the error “Cannot Edit Device: Error Writing the Value’s New Content”, follow the following steps:
- Right click Windows key on the left side of the Panel then choose Permission.
- Then ick the box Allow to Full Control and Read.
- Next hit Apply and click Ok to save the change.
- Finally right click the option user Select Default and choose rename to rename it as your printer name.
- After that update your printer to avoid any further hazard.
Steps to be Followed to Update a Printer Driver:
- At first open Print Management.
- In the left pane click Print Servers.
- After that click Printer.
- In the center pane, right-click the printer that you want to update, and then click Properties.
- Then click the Advanced Tab.
- At last, select a new driver from the Driver box, or click New Driver to install a New Printer Driver.
If you have Windows 10, then you need to follow some different steps:
- At first select the Start button, type Device manager, and select it from the rest of the result.
- In order to find the name of your device expand one of the categories, then right click it and select update Driver.
- Next select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- But if the steps do not function properly, try to reinstall the driver: open Device Manager, right-click the name of the device, then select Uninstall.
Wait for some time and restart the PC. The Windows will automatically try to reinstall the driver. Following the above listed easy steps you can update or install a printer driver in your PC.
Even after doing all the above mentioned steps, if your printer is not being set up, always feel free to contact the professionals at dell support phone number. They will help you to get rid of the problem immediately, and if necessary they would suggest servicing of your printer.